Ithaca Steel Buildings Standard Features
Ithaca Steel designers can create a building of any size. We have extensive experience designing buildings of all types, from small office buildings to large manufacturing facilities and everything in between.
Our buildings are virtually maintenance-free and built to withstand and endure for a lifetime.
Building Better with Ithaca Steel
Our design and detailed engineering ensure your building will last you a lifetime. Each building package includes engineered and stamped drawings and a comprehensive erection manual. In addition, our steel buildings are engineered and guaranteed to meet or exceed all local snow, wind, and seismic codes.
As part of our commitment to quality, the following features and warranties are standard with every Ithaca Steel I-Beam building:
Paint: Each steel building comes with a 40 Year Warranty on our siliconized polyester baked-on enamel paint.
Structural: Ithaca Steel features a 50 Year Structural Warranty. This warranty covers I-Beam Columns, Secondary Framing, Purlins, and Girts, all the way down to the base plates.
Building Features: PBR Roof Panels: Our 26 gauge, 80,000 psi Purlin Bearing Rib (PBR) Panels provides optimum strength which is ideal for maximum spanning capabilities. The PBR Panel has an extended overlap that provides an excellent watertight seal. PBR roof panels include a 25 Year rust perforation warranty on 26 gauge Galvalume roof panels.
Steel Main Frame I-Beam Construction: This design allows clear span completely usable space and offers you enormous strength against wind and other weather-related incidents. Red primer oxide is applied on main frames to protect against corrosion.
Stainless Steel Self-Drilling Fasteners: Engineered for rapid drilling, our self-drilling metal building fasteners resist slippage of the drill point that can damage the surface. Used with our neoprene washers, these fasteners provide a superior seal against the elements. Our fasteners also have a lifetime warranty against rust.
50 Year Warranty
Ithaca Steel provides a fifty-year warranty on the structural material for a period of fifty years from the date of shipment from the factory. During this period Ithaca Steel’s sole responsibility will be to replace defective material whose failure is within the terms of this guarantee and will assume only the direct cost of materials required. This warranty is subject to the following provisions:
- This warranty is null and void unless Ithaca Steel is advised in writing of any defect or failure within 21 days after the owner knew or ought to have known of such defect or failure.
- This warranty applies to only those materials furnished by Ithaca Steel in a finished condition, and does not apply to unfinished material, such as primer paint on structural steel.
- This warranty does not apply to any defect due to overloading caused by cranes or other attachments to the frame or structural members, or the installation of any signs, vents, machinery, or weights in excess of design conditions, or to other loads in excess of those for which the material was designed.
- This warranty does not apply to any material which has been subject to misuse or negligence, or has been moved from its original place of erection, or to any material which has not been erected in strict accordance with all applicable Ithaca Steel erection instructions, MBMA codes, and local building codes.
- This warranty does not apply if the defects or failures are caused to any extent by abnormal weather conditions, acts of God, hail or other falling objects, mechanical damage, fire, riots, civil commotions, external forces, faulty or inadequate foundations or soil-bearings, acts of war, radiation, harmful fumes or foreign substances in the atmosphere, corrosion, improper or extended field storage, or flood.
- This warranty is conditioned upon the materials furnished receiving normal and necessary maintenance including removal of excess snow from the roof.